Friday, January 4, 2013

New Year, 2013! Let's Make Things Happen!

    2013 is finally here which means only 4 more months and 1.5 terms left until Graduation.  I just finished filling out my Graduation information, scheduling my Senior Graduation portraits, and am in the process of clearing all my required courses for both of my majors with the Dance and Biology Chairpersons.  I have also decided that I will walk with the Dance Dept. for Graduation as opposed to Biology, just because it was my initial major and decision for coming to Mercyhurst in the first place.  Although leaving college is scary thought, I'm actually very excited to get started on my life after Mercyhurst.  Mercyhurst provided me with a lot of essential skills and knowledge that I know will prepare me in my life.  I have applied for the job in Boston over the summer with the Boston Ballet as a Residential Counselor and am waiting back to here from them.  Hopefully more jobs will present themselves as I begin to send out my promotional packets and audition for companies.
    You are probably wondering, what about med school?  Well, it's true what they say about the MCATs.  They can make you or break you, and unfortunately they broke me.  They were the only flaw in my applications and seem to be the one thing turning me away from med school.  But med school is still definitely in my future.  I just plan to take a year or two off to figure out my dreams in dance and take a MCAT prep course so that the next time I take them, I will be completely ready and won't just be wasting money.
    I'm headed back to Erie on Sunday to continue the rest of my work for Winter Term and to return back to reality after the Holiday Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment