Sunday, January 13, 2013

Travel Plans and Auditions Begin!

    This week has been a very exciting week of making future plans.  After sending my promotional packet materials including my resume, headshot, dance shots and my performance DVD.  I have been invited by two companies for an audition.  This weekend I will road-tripping to Philadelphia with some of my friends to attend the first audition for Pennsylvania Classical Ballet. Although, I still need to work on my variation I need to perform for the audition :/  Hopefully I will be able to throw something together.  I am also in the process of scheduling my audition for Rochester City Ballet for mid-March in which I was invited for.  There's no turning back now! I'm ready to dance my way into a job (fingers crossed!)
    Also this week, I was informed that I was invited for an interview for the Residential Counselor position at the Boston Ballet Summer Dance Program!  I would absolutely love to get the position for Summer 2013 for at least five weeks of living in Boston with pay! I have planned to travel to Boston for that interview in mid-February.
       Then three days after returning to school for my second to last set of academic finals, I will be traveling to Tampa, FL to dance with the Mercyhurst Liturgical Dance Ensemble for a week of performing. Although the beach and fun will definitely be distracting, I will still have to continue with my work on my Senior Thesis work.  And as if that traveling wasn't enough, I'm still trying to schedule a trip to Chicago at some point at the beginning of Spring Term to do more auditions.
        Even though these auditions and interviews are coming up, I still need to stay focused on my school work to finish this term out strong since it will likely be my last term with any academic courses :)  Currently, I am icing my muscles from the 15 hours of rehearsals all weekend for the Dance Dept's Winter Concert, Raw Edges, coming up on Feb 1-3.  It is likely that this performance will be my last performance with the Mercyhurst Dancers considering I may not be participating in the Spring Concert. Hope to see you all there!

No comments:

Post a Comment