Sunday, January 20, 2013

One Down, Many More Too Come

Well my first audition is officially over and it went well!  This weekend two friends and I traveled to Northampton, PA to audition for Pennsylvania Classical Ballet.  Along with an hour and half ballet class, we  had to perform a solo variation in front of the the Artistic Directors.  I chose to do the Black Swan variation which was probably one of the more difficult variations performed by the 6 audtionees in our class.  Although they were not handing out contracts this weekend because they wanted to wait until all the audition dates were finished,  I personally thought that I did very well.  They said we should be hearing from them within a month on their decision.  So cross your fingers for me :)  Truthfully, since this audition was only my first one, I am going to hope for the best, but try not to get my hopes up too high just in case.  It would feel great to get offered a contract with them though.  I think the experience was a good confidence booster and preparation for all the other auditions I have lined up.
All my weekends from now until Graduation are officially packed!  Between performances, auditions, and traveling, I will definitely be a very busy girl as I finish my undergraduate career. As I plan my schedule for my last term in college with my advising sessions this week, I'm realizing that I am very prepared to move on with my life from Mercyhurst and show the world what I've got.  Stay tuned for what is to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment