Friday, December 28, 2012

It's (finally) beginning to look a lot like Winter! Let It Snow!

      Well it finally happened.  No matter what your feelings are about the subject, there's no denying the delight of a White Christmas, the first one I have had since my Freshman year!  The frosty white snow that finally dropped around half a foot in my hometown between Christmas morning and two days afterward made staying at home much more enjoyable.  Got to go cross-country skiing, sleigh riding, snow shoeing and even simply got to walk through the Winter Wonderland.  So although the snow made digging my car out and plowing the streets a burden, it also allowed for some fun activities.

      Last weekend, the day before Christmas Eve, my boyfriend and I ventured out down to New York City to see the scene of the crazy shopping in Times Square and Rockefeller Center.  We do it every year together. We just go down to the city with no plans to hangout and see what we can find.  However, we always make it a point to take a picture with the Christmas Tree in Rockefeller Center.   This year we took the NBC Studios Tour and got to see the studios of SNL, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, and even Dr. Oz's studio.  It was a great experience but next year we have already decided that we want to see a Rangers game and then stay and go to Saturday Night Live together.
      Even throughout the getaway of my Christmas break, I still have a lot of work to do in regards to my future.  I received more med school rejections which was definitely a disappointment but only makes me focus on my dance career even more.  I have a pretty decent list of companies I am going to audition and apply to.  Some of these companies include: Missouri Contemporary Ballet, Montgomery Ballet, Pennsylvania Classical Ballet, Eisenhower Dance Ensemble and many more.  I am also applying for a job as a Residential Counselor at Boston Ballet Summer Dance Program this summer.  Since I attended the Boston Ballet years ago and immediately fell in love with the city of Boston, I thought this job opportunity would be a perfect option for me.  The job pays for all my living conditions in Boston for five weeks and I get a weekly pay.  Also, an alum from Mercyhurst, and now a very good friend of mine, has been working there each summer and promised to send a recommendation for me which would be a great help.  Cross your fingers for me, I would love to get the job!   I intend to send in my materials in by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment