Sunday, December 2, 2012

Last Winter Term!

     Well, I successfully made it through my Senior Fall Term! Actually did very well too, managed too maintain my 4.0 GPA even through all the stress of applications, preparing audition materials, and my usual academic work.
    After a very relaxing and wonderful 10 day Thanksgiving Break, filled with my amazing 21st Birthday celebrations, I have returned to Mercyhurst for Winter Term.  Winter Term is usually the worst for me out of all 3 seasonal terms.  Not sure why that is, maybe the weather or the course work I tend to take, but nevertheless, I'm sure Winter with keep me on my toes.  Winter Term starts my audition process for dance companies that I have begun to research.  It's a scary thought that I really am starting to audition for a big girl job but at the same time it's very exciting!  I'm still very anxious and uneasy about the thought that next year I could literally be anywhere in the world!
    You are probably wondering what happened with my med school applications and plans.  As of now, the only thing I have heard back from schools are rejections and an application hold :( Although I still have many more to hear from, I'm starting to plan on the side that I may not be going to med school right away after undergrad.  I believe I may take a year or two off from school, dance in companies and teach, work in the medical field still, study and take an MCAT prep course so that I can take the MCATs again and hopefully do much better then.  My mediocre MCAT score was my only downfall in my application which makes me very frustrated because everything else was basically flawless, I had the grades, the experience, the extracurriculars, the leadership experience, and a diverse background to make me interesting to schools.  Although it is very frustrating to be rejected and told "No," at the same time this may turn out to be a good thing because this will give me the time to live out my dance dreams early enough in life before I may get too old or injured.  So looking at it from that perspective, the rejections may be a blessing in disguise :)
     I will still keep you posted as to what I hear back from med schools, but for now, I'm going to focus on auditioning as many places as I can to get the best shot at a dancing job.  I will also keep you posted on the dance companies I plan to audition for once I figure that out myself . But just to get my name and dancing out there to the world, here is my extended audition/performance DVD that shows highlights of various performances I have done over the past 4 years. Enjoy!


   

No comments:

Post a Comment