Sunday, October 21, 2012

Senior Photos Complete. Website Coming Soon!

   This weekend my two roommates (both senior dancers as well) and I traveled to Cleveland for our Senior Dance Photoshoot with photographer, Larry Coleman.  I was a little anxious and nervous like I always am for photoshoots but Larry made the session very comfortable and inspiring.  I was the first one to start in our group.  We began with headshots, which is not always the way Larry runs his shoots. Usually he has us been with our full body dance shots to get us comfortable in front of the mirror and then finish with headshots.  But because I was most nervous for headshots and didn't want my hair to be messy after moving so much, I was glad we did them first...41 headshots later, we finally moved on to the movement shots.
   I brought 4-5 different outfits to where to fit the many different genres of dance that I planned to shoot.  Each audition asks for different shots so it was best to have many to choose from.  We were allowed around 100 shots each so when I realized I used up 41 shots only on headshots, I felt a little discouraged.  It was really hard to make your face, arms, legs, angle, etc. all look good in one photo.  It also made it sometimes frustrating when your body would look great but you were making a funny face :P  Luckily, with our package for the photoshoot, we get to have 8 of our favorite pictures edited and photo-shopped to make them look just like you want them.  Looking through them all, I think I found my favorites but I'm waiting to hear what my parents say are there favorites too.  It never hurts to see what other people think would work :)
   Hopefully once I get the ones I want edited, I can get them uploaded to my promotional dance website.  Having a promotional website is a requirement for my Senior Pro-Seminar class for senior dance majors and needs to be published by Nov. 8.  I'm simply waiting on these photographs and my promo DVD I'm having made and then I will be publishing my site.  Don't worry I will let you know when I do so you can go on and see it!
   Here are some of my favorites that I intend to use for auditions. What do you think? :)




1 comment:

  1. Pictures 6604, 6683,6699, and 6735 are especially lovely. :-)

    ReplyDelete